A special mechanic and special transducer realise the non- destructive
inspection of hydrophobic samples with ultrasound. The i-Air realises
the detection of voids, delaminations and inclusions even for samples
that cannot be placed into a water-tank because of a possible damage.
With the i-Air voids down to a minimum size of a few mm can be detected.
Key Features of the KSI i-Air
• Non-destructive ultrasonic inspection of hydrophobic samples
• No water for the inspection needed, sample does not get wet
• Transmission-transducer system
• Image acquisition and 3D reconstruction
• Customer-specific system design