The DigiView IV is a versatile high resolution digital camera. The CCD sensor has a
particularly high Quantum Efficiency (QE), peaking in the blue-green spectrum for
use with an optimized phosphor screen coating resulting in higher sensitivity for
EBSD applications. Noise is significantly reduced using a single stage Peltier cooling
system that does not require a cooling fan. DigiView IV EBSD camera is designed to
serve a wide range of EBSD applications. Using the DigiView IV in combination with
EDAX’s TEAM™ software, the camera can obtain orientation mapping data at rates up to
150 indexed patterns per second with indexing success rates of greater than 99%. The
camera can produce high resolution images up to 1392 x 1040 pixels.
Key Features of the DigiView IV EBSD Camera
• Data collection rates up to 150 indexed patterns per second
• High QE CCD: > 62% @ 500 nm
• 1.4 megapixel resolution: 1392 (H) X 1040 (V)
• 12 bit digitization
• Dual speed readout: 20 and 40 MHz
• High signal to noise ratio
• Low read noise: < 8e- @ 20 MHz
• Gigabit ethernet protocol
• Gain control range: 35 dB fully adjustable
• Long term exposure: Up to 15 minutes
• No mechanical shutter
• Input voltage 110/220 VAC 50/60 Hz
• CE certified
Control of the DigiView IV is available through the software applications,
with full control over the gain, black level, exposure time, and binning settings.
Comprehensive image processing capability is also included for optimal image quality.
The camera uses a bellows-based insertion and retraction system for operation while
under vacuum and for live-imaging for maximum vacuum and system integrity. An optional
integrated Forward Scatter Detector (FSD) is also available.
Orientation map created at 650 indexed points per second from a deformed brass sample