The LEXS is a PBS (parallel beam spectrometer) that employs high collection optics (HCO) enabling the
spectrometer to efficiently collect X-rays from 100eV to 2.4keV (B K to S K). It is specifically designed
for low energy X-ray microanalysis and high magnification (<5kV) SEM analysis.
• Captures the highest count rates of any WDS system available, providing rapid X-ray analysis at the best resolutions obtainable
• Provides high count rates and peak-to-background ratios, superior low energy resolution, <20eV for X-ray energies below 2.5keV
• Resolves such overlaps as Si Kα from W or Ta Mα and N Kα from Ti Lα.
• Enables count rates that allow for high speed analysis
• Uses the M lines to measure the higher atomic number elements such as Cr, Fe and Cu