The K850 combines versatility and ease of operation. Built-in thermo-electric heating and adiabatic cooling allow precise temperature control. The vertical pressure chamber (32 mm diameter x 47 mm) has a side viewing port, which gives a clear view of the liquid meniscus during filling. A magnetic stirrer ensures optimal mixing and exchange of process fluids.
• Vertical chamber with top filling and bottom draining
• Side viewing port - good visibility
• Built-in adiabatic cooling and thermoelectric heating - accurate temperature control
• Fine-control needle valve pressure let down - precise control of decompression avoids potential damage to specimens by uncontrolled pressure release
• Built-in magnetic stirrer- enhanced solvent exchange
• Pressure monitoring with safety cut-out for over pressure
• Three-year warranty
The K850 Critical Point Dryer is fitted with thermo-electronic heating and adiabatic cooling and temperature control of +5°C cooling and +35°C during heating. This allows pre-cooling of the chamber and ensures that the critical point is accurately obtained.
The K850 is fitted with three valves: fluid inlet, flushing and a gas venting system which uses a fine needle valve to give controlled pressure let down at the end of the critical point drying process.
A built-in magnetic stirrer ensures thorough mixing of specimens with circulating fluids.
The standard specimen holder has 12 individual wells (8 mm diameter x 8 mm high) and allows easy exchange and transfer to and from the K850. For larger specimens the optional EK4150 bulk specimen holder (a single large specimen container) is recommended.
For critical point drying very small or delicate specimens the optional CPD800A porous pots are available.